POV: you grabbed your new e-bike, you’re stoked and ready to go…but you want to know some of the ins and outs about how to keep your speed and power up. We got you! Check out our easy guide on how to charge an electric bike.
Whether you’re well versed in the world of e-bikes or anything electric for that matter, or not, it’s always a good measure to refresh and double check. The basics? You got it.
- Remove the battery from the e-bike
- Turn the battery switch off
- Connect charger to battery pack
- Connect to outlet
- Make sure the outlet is turned on and Boom!
Simply enough? Yes. But as we know technology always has a few specialized things to consider. To optimize the life of the battery follow these tips:
- Use the charger provided
- Fully charge before your first ride
- Create a safe charging area
- Don’t regularly fully drain your battery
- Stay away from extreme temperatures
- Keep battery dry
You’ll be all set up with everything you need to keep you riding, most e-bikes should come with the following:
- Battery pack with the bike battery inside
- Battery bay to connect the bike to the battery
- Charger consisting of the power supply with two slots
- Two cables to connect to the power supply
How long does it take to charge an electric bike?
It’s typically pretty fast and easy to charge an e-bike! It’ll fully charge anywhere between 2-7 hours depending on the size of the battery. An important thing to be aware of too is overcharging, because this can actually drain its capacity to make space for the recharge. This would prevent the battery from reaching a full charge, which shortens the battery life. In order to prevent this keep an eye on your battery as it charges and watch what percentage it is at
Now you know how to charge an e-bike battery! Simple enough, pretty straightforward. These batteries are here to make your life easier and more sustainable. Most reputable brand will use Lithium batteries which are lighter and better for the planet than lead. The Watt hours and voltage will vary from model so keep that in mind in considering which e-bike makes sense for you.
You’re set and charged and ready to ride anywhere. Take it easy and find your flow. Charging is simple and efficient when you can be aware of the basics in keeping your battery optimized for your bike and your riding. Let’s charge, let’s go!